Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Downfall of Marriage

My wife and I have a great relationship. We have our disagreements once in a while, but who doesn't, right? Anyhow, the reason that I'm writing this message today, is that I have finally found one of the biggest downfalls of marriage. When one spouse gets sick, the other spouse might as well start booking sick days.

Natasha came down with a cold a few days ago, and up until this morning, I was really proud of my immune system for not allowing such a virus to invade my system...wrong. This morning I woke up with a sore throat and a runny nose. Oh well, one of the drawbacks to sharing a bed with someone.

So, her punishment for giving me such a virus will be that she will have to take care of me for the next few days while I get better. Not really, I'll just have to lay low for a few days (I'll try at least) and let it run its course.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Suck it up big guy. Wait till you have kids!!!

patsyrose said...

I was all ready to write when I saw that Kim had said it for me. There's nothing like a snotty nosed kid to spread germs everywhere! You can either wipe them up or watch them smear their bodily fluids all over the house.