Monday, April 2, 2007

Such an Old Man

The Church Easter presentation is now in full swing. We had our first two shows this passed weekend on Saturday and Sunday night. Basically we're recreating the Last Supper scene, so each one of us has to pose a certain way for the whole length of time.

It wouldn't be so bad, but we have to hold the pose for like 45 minutes while all of the other Disciples say their monologue. I thought my pose was one of the easiest, all I have to do is stand and lean on the table, I play Nathaniel, I'm on the very far left hand side of the table. But this is proving to be a very painful pose.

The rehearsals were fine, I never really felt much discomfort, but when Saturday night's show was over, boy was I in pain. My lower back and my hamstrings are so sore from being bent over like that for so long. I took some pain killers, but they don't seem to be working so well.

Normal movements like walking aren't so bad, it's when I have to get into and out of the car and into and out of bed that the pain really kicks into overdrive.

Someone with a 23 year old body shouldn't have to go through the aches and pains that I do, I think there was some sort of mix up, I must really be about 40 or something. Oh well, this is the body I was given, I'm gonna have to do the best I can with what I've got.

1 comment:

patsyrose said...

66 1/2 year old's wisdom: Treat your body with respect. Feed it properly and exercise it wisely. It has to last you the rest of your life.

I wish I'd taken my own advice!