Monday, April 16, 2007

Childish, Simply Childish

I have been around a lot of childish people in my life. But there are just sometimes you have to do something that you may not really want to do.

Case in point, when I was in the interview process with Moores, the new District Manager told me that there were some stores in the District that I couldn't work at. When I picked myself up off the floor, I asked him why?

He said that there were some concerns that some passed conflicts may create a bad working environment and that the people involved have said that they don't want to work with me. This shocked me, sort of. My ex-girlfriend and her husband (my former roommate) have concocted this 'issue' for some reason. I don't know why, but they have. Maybe they have nothing better to do with their time than to have 'issues' with me.

I don't have any issues with them, and as far as I know, there have been no 'conflicts' between us. I haven't even talked to them personally since we got married. I mean, I talked to them professionally when we were all in Calgary, but that's it.

Oh well, I told the District Manager that I didn't have a problem with it, I may not want to hang out with them after work or anything, but I can deal with working with them if I had to. Both he and I agreed that sometimes you just have to me an adult.

No comments: